Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Holy Week Silent Retreat at Tahilan Study Center

So I attended a silent retreat at Tahilan Study Center last April 5 to 7 and guess what? I've had my first communion, meaning I have to make myself to do confessions every month! :P I am such a crybaby these days, I cried during the mass, I dunno why :'( just too many frustrations in my life right now, I guess. I'm blaming all the 2012 wedding celebrations! LOL.

Anyway, I attended several talks during the retreat. One of which is about the nine human virtues, or good habits that builds character in us. Is it just me or I haven't heard of these before?
[1. Prudence
2. Justice
3. Temperance
4. Fortitude]
*
5. Fraternity
6. Loyalty
7. Cheerfulness
8. Order
9. Poverty

*four Cardinal virtues


I listed down four virtues I really have to work on. (1) Temperance; (2) Fortitude; (3) Order; (4) Cheerfulness. Sometimes I feel my job brings out the worst in my virtues. Sigh, Or is it just me again? Hmm..

Looking at the things I jot down in my journal during the retreat:
(1) To contain my temper when I feel like shouting/ don't know what to do with my tasks;
(2) Less facebook time, study when I have time and learn more about technologies to be more up to date;
(3) To organize my time, money, and relationships better; and
(4) Be happy even with setbacks.

I cannot help but lack concentration :( My mind is fixated on some things I couldn't fix, and it's ridiculous :/ Can't help but just try new things that might get focus back. :/

Btw, I enrolled in swimming lessons at Ace Water Spa! :D I do hope I learn to swim. I'm excited!

EDIT: my daily message from God, how coincidental, right ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment